Resident presentations are designed to achieve two goals:
- To provide an opportunity for faculty to give feedback with the goal of strengthening research projects and
- To provide a casual forum in which to practice presentation skills.
Presentations should be focused in content and length using the following guidelines.
Presentations should include:
- Background and significance (description of the problem being addressed including the rationale for work in this area)
- A clear and testable hypothesis
- Research design and methods used to test the hypothesis
- Data obtained
- Conclusions and future directions.
PGY-2 presentations should focus more on background and methods used, while PGY-3 and PGY-4 presentations should focus more on description and interpretations of data obtained.
Presentations should be 10 minutes in length.