1. All skill sets for PGY 2,& 3, PLUS:
2. Organize Pre-Op, Intra-Op, & Post-Op Care for all patients on the service.
3. Assure Patient Care Coverage for ALL ATTENDINGS in Division.
4. Demonstrate TECHNICAL COMPETENCE IN OPERATING SKILLS:
- Peform complex primary & revision total joint replacements with supervision.
- Supervise junior resident in performance of uncomplicated trauma surgery
- inter-trochanteric fracture
- ankle fracture.
5. Consistently Mark Patients with initials prior to surgery and drape initials into the surgical field.
6. Consistently Perform Surgical Time-out prior to incision.
7. Report Medical Errors to attending surgeon when recognized.
8. Prepare and Template Operative Cases for following week in absence of the Fellow.
9. Verify Equipment Needs for following week's surgeries in absence of the Fellow.
10. Organize & Supervise PG-2, 3 residents, sub-interns, medical students & paramedical staff in Daily Care of Service Patients.