1. All skill sets for PGY 2, PLUS:
2. Be able to:
- Complete History & Physical Examination Form.
- Interpret Imaging Studies.
- Formulate Differential Diagnosis of any patient with a spine or lower extremity complaint including, but not limited to:
- Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Sequelae of Perthes Disease
- Hip Dysplasia
- Late Sequelae of Trauma
3. Demonstrate TECHNICAL COMPETENCE IN OPERATING SKILLS:
- Peform arthroscopic debridement/meniscectomy with supervision
- Perform bipolar hemi-arthroplasty independently with supervision
- Perform primary total knee replacement with supervision
- Perform femoral head resurfacing for ostgeonecrosis with supervision
- Perform diagnostic arthroscopy of the shoulder with supervision
4. Demonstrate POST-OPERATIVE CARE:
- Wound Care
- Antibiotic Prophylaxis
- Anticoagulation Management
- Pain Management
- Discharge Planning
5. Consistently Mark Patients with initials prior to surgery and drape initials into the surgical field.
6. Consistently Perform Surgical Time-out prior to incision.
7. Report Medical Errors to attending surgeon when recognized.
8. Organize & Supervise PG-2, medical students & paramedical staff in Daily Care of Service Patients.
9. Organize & Run Patient Service as the Chief Resident in the absence of the PG-4 resident.